Compile problem on Windows

Robert Dockins robdockins at fastmail.fm
Fri Jul 14 12:09:08 EDT 2006

I posted a message on the libraries list a couple of days ago about a
compile problem I'm having.  I haven't got any nibbles.  Because I
now suspect this is a GHC problem, I'm posting here to see it I can
get this resolved.  Rather than repost the details, allow me to refer
you to (http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.haskell.libraries/
4873) which contains a complete description of the problem.  As far
as I can tell, the GHC install is missing a necessary system header,
or it isn't being found, or somesuch.  I tried crawling through the
headers to find out what the problem is, but, as per usual, the
system headers are almost totally incomprehensible.

I've tried using both Cygwin and MSYS shells, but the results are
identical.  As I said in the above message, I'm not very familiar
with this environment, so I'd appreciate pointers in the correct
direction if I've made some mistake.

Thanks

Rob Dockins

Speak softly and drive a Sherman tank.