Text.Regex.Posix regcomp

Rich Fought whatever at fsrz.net
Tue Jul 18 15:47:58 EDT 2006

Hello,

I have a server application that I am building using GHC 6.4 (yes, an
update to 6.4.2 is on the horizon, but
not in the immediate future - unless it fixes this problem :) ) under
MSYS/MinGW.  Things work pretty well,
but under stress testing the app eventually throws a Windows memory
access violation (c0000005) exception
out of the exact same location in the regcomp function every time.  When
it occurs is not deterministic - it could
be after 20 requests or 2000 (usually higher, though).  Various Windows
debuggers shows it as a memory read
error.

regcomp is called several times with each incoming request.  I'm pretty
sure it's not a multi-threading issue, as
there is only one client sending requests over and over again.

Can anyone suggest some ideas or debugging tips?

TIA,
Rich