Rebuilding GHC on Mac OSX PPC

Gregory Wright gwright at comcast.net
Wed Jul 26 09:06:26 EDT 2006

Hi Joel,

The current darwinports ghc turns off the threaded RTS by patching
a makefile during the build.  With the threaded RTS you would very
likely have seen access violations in the CrashReporter log, and the
build of the crypto lib would have failed.

The crash while building the crypto library was one of the first signs
that the threaded RTS had a problem.

Best Wishes,
Greg