Rebuilding GHC on Mac OSX PPC

Joel Reymont joelr1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 11:50:39 EDT 2006

On Jul 27, 2006, at 1:03 PM, Simon Marlow wrote:

> You didn't mention this explicitly, so just to be clear: did you
> update
> the root of your repository to the ghc-6-4-branch too?

I'm not sure what the root is but I blew everything away and did the
following:

mv fptools/ fptools.bak
cvs co -r ghc-6-4-branch fpconfig
cd fptools
cvs co -r ghc-6-4-branch ghc hslibs happy haddock libraries
autoreconf
./configure
make clean
make

Go the same error as reported before. Something is linking against
both libncurses and libreadline which is what's causing problems.

> I have no idea what might cause these.  What is your /opt/local/bin/
> ghc?

This is ghc 6.4.2 that I got from DarwinPorts. It's built without -
threaded and works. I never had problems with it before.

--
http://wagerlabs.com/