Data.Sequence?

Brian Hulley brianh at metamilk.com
Thu Jun 1 05:32:05 EDT 2006

Ross Paterson wrote:
> On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 12:20:02PM +0200, Michael Marte wrote:
>> when importing Data.Queue in 6.4.2, I am told that it is deprecated
>> and that I should use Data.Sequence instead. However, Data.Sequence
>> is not part of the base package - it is there but it is missing from
>> the package.conf file.
>
> Data.Queue ought not to be deprecated in 6.4, as Data.Sequence won't
> be available until the next major release.
>
>> Moreover, there is no documentation available apart
>> from the source code itself.
>
> http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/current/docs/libraries/base/Data-Sequence.html
>
>> Regarding Data.Sequence itself:
>> - I am missing a function for converting a sequence to a list
>> directly; I have to create a view and convert it to a list.
>
> Data.Foldable has toList and various folds, for a class that includes
> Seq.

Hi -
I'm thinking of using a finger tree to represent text of an edit buffer.
I've downloaded FingerTree.hs but I see it uses the following modules which
I don't seem to have on my system (ghc 6.4.2) :

Control.Applicative
Data.Foldable
Data.Traversable

Is there somewhere I can download these modules from, and would they work
with ghc 6.4.2, or should I use a later version of ghc?

Also, I couldn't find a link anywhere to download Data.Sequence although I
see that it can be created by instantiating FingerTree appropriately
somehow...

Thanks, Brian.

strive mightily unseen to destroy us.

http://www.metamilk.com