recursive import

Christian Maeder maeder at tzi.de
Tue Jun 6 08:32:51 EDT 2006

Serge D. Mechveliani wrote:
> Who knows, please, how usable are currently recursive module imports
> in Haskell, in GHC ?

compiling works fine as SPJ pointed out.

> Is it essentially more difficult to `make' and support a project
> which has 50 modules, and half of all the module pairs import each
> other?

There's little overhead because of the additional hs-boot files. Do you
only have cycles involving 2 modules? If your modules are small enough
(below 300 lines) I would try to avoid the recursion. I had problems
running haddock over recursive modules. (no idea about cabal)

> Is recursive import in Haskell-98 ?

No, but your ghc-options list is not Haskell-98, too. Maybe you want to
give hugs a chance?

Christian