installing a Cabal package non-exposed

S. Alexander Jacobson alex at alexjacobson.com
Thu Jun 15 14:21:07 EDT 2006

Personally, I find the whole notion of "installing" libraries
problematic.  In particular, unless the process of building the
libraries is particularly user-directed, local library copies are
really de facto caches.

And since different application need different library namespaces it
seems weird to have a global cache.

Searchpath allows you easily to give each application its own
namespace and automates import chasing accross the internet.  It is a
work in progress and is definitely less refined than cabal, but if you
are having this sort of issue you might want to try it out.  See
http://searchpath.org

-Alex-
S. Alexander Jacobson tel:917-770-6565 http://alexjacobson.com

Have you tried using searchpath for this sort of thing?