[Haskell-cafe] Packages and modules

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Wed Jun 28 09:32:08 EDT 2006

I'm not sure on which mail of this thread I should append MHO.

What happens if two programmers "happen" to choose the same package
name? (Prepend the location on the filesystem? ;-)

If something like a package name is introduced I would prefer not
separating package and module name with a "." because you might then
even use the package name to point to a web address from where to load
code (source/ binary/ byte code??) from.. Then creating something like
Java applets would be more easy. We can't ignore this completely as the
world (or important parts eg Windows) will try to bring more richness to
internet applications/ the user.. They strive to integrate web applications
so that you as user can't see if you're running a native or a
downloaded application... If you use eg "," as separator you can use dots
in the package name without hassle.

Marc