ghc-testsuite-6.6 on Macs

Simon Marlow simonmarhaskell at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 05:42:45 EST 2006

Christian Maeder wrote:
> Did someone run the test-suite of the binary distributions?
>
> http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/6.6/ghc-6.6-ppc-apple-darwin.tar.gz
> http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/6.6/ghc-6.6-i386-apple-darwin.tar.bz2
>
> I've build a (ppc-) mac-distribution from sources and my results are
> shown below.
>
> I had the following 3 unexpected failures under linux, too (by using
> "make TEST_HC=<installed ghc>" and the <installed ghc> was from
> http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/6.6/ghc-6.6-i386-unknown-linux.tar.bz2)
>
>    cg058(ghci)

We also have cg058(ghci) failing on x86, I think it just runs out of time.  We
should make this test a bit quicker.

>    ghcpkg01(normal)
>    ghcpkg03(normal)

Any idea why these are failing for you?

> I thought the failure signals002(ghci) was related to
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.haskell.glasgow.user/10947
> In fact, I needed to kill the ghc-process to continue the tests.
>
> The test files cc004.hs and ffi012.hs failed with several messages of
> the form:
>
>     calling convention not supported on this architecture: stdcall
>     When checking declaration:
>         foreign import stdcall safe "wrapper"
>             wrap_f :: F -> IO (FunPtr F)
>
> However, they did not make it into the summary

They are probably expected failures for you.

> Cheers Christian
>

> OVERALL SUMMARY for test run started at Mon Oct 23 14:54:15 CEST 2006
>     1455 total tests, which gave rise to
>     6441 test cases, of which
>        0 caused framework failures
>     1126 were skipped
>
>     5242 expected passes
>       55 expected failures
>        3 unexpected passes
>       15 unexpected failures
>
> Unexpected passes:
>    barton-mangler-bug(optasm)
>    cholewo-eval(optasm,profasm)
>
> Unexpected failures:
>    barton-mangler-bug(opt)
>    cabal02(normal)
>    cg058(ghci)
>    conc019(opt,profasm)
>    conc024(opt)
>    ffi009(ghci)
>    forkprocess01(ghci)
>    galois_raytrace(opt,prof)
>    ghcpkg01(normal)
>    ghcpkg03(normal)
>    joao-circular(prof,profasm)
>    signals002(ghci)

some of those could be floating-point differences.  In any case, it would be
good to investigate all of them and get any expected failures registered
properly in the testsuite.  Can you (or someone else) take a look and find out
why each of them is failing?