Creating Loadable Dynamic Libraries in OSX

Alfonso Acosta alfonso.acosta at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 22:32:17 EST 2006

Providing -fPIC (thanks Igloo :)) solves the "local relocation
entries" coming form the FFI stubs ...

... but uncovers yet a worse error. Now I get the "local relocation
entries" from libHStemplate-haskell.a .

Why doens't that library have position independent code?

A way to fix the error would be using the -dynamic flag, but for some
reason my OSX build doesn't have doesn't seem to have the dynamic
libraries.

The concrete error is "ld: can't locate file for: -lHShaskell98_dyn"