Bad interface file error with GHC RC2

Krasimir Angelov kr.angelov at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 09:47:26 EDT 2006

On 10/4/06, Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li> wrote:
> Did it work with earlier RCs?

It was working with a version slightly older than RC1. Definitely with
a version without the advanced packages support.

> Does comlib get wired into the compiler at all? I had a similar problem
> with base, where the compiler had the package name wired in:
>    compiler/main/PackageConfig.hs:
>    basePackageId      = fsToPackageId FSLIT("base")
> but cabal was building it with
>    -package-name base-2.0
> To solve it I put
>    -package-name base
> in ghc-options in the cabal file.
>

> Thanks
> Ian

I am sure comlib isn't wired into the compiler. Perhaps there is a
problem with Cabal somewhere. I will try to put custom -package-name
option. If that works I will take a look into Cabal.

Cheers,
  Krasimir