ghc-6.6 under solaris

Christian Maeder maeder at tzi.de
Thu Oct 12 09:28:37 EDT 2006

I've created ghc-6.6 under solaris. This did only work with SplitObj=No
in mk/build.mk. (There was an early split error, that I could reproduce.)

When trying out this compiler, I got the following error (that I only
post for the record):

Cheers Christian

[410 of 642] Compiling Proofs.HideTheoremShift (
Proofs/HideTheoremShift.hs, Proofs/HideTheoremShift.o )
ghc-6.6: panic! (the 'impossible' happened)
  (GHC version 6.6 for sparc-sun-solaris2):
        lookupDeprec main:GUI.ConsoleUtils.listBox{v r36Wf}

Please report this as a GHC bug:  http://www.haskell.org/ghc/reportabug

gmake: *** [hets] Error 1