ghc-6.6 mac intel "binary bundle"

Adam Megacz megacz at cs.berkeley.edu
Fri Oct 13 21:23:31 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'm grateful to whoever prepared the binary bundle for ghc-6.6 on
MacOS/Intel, but the instructions for installing it are missing/wrong.

In particular, "make install" doesn't do much, and the only binary in
the bundle called "ghc" appears to need additional configuration
options (-B), so it seems to need some sort of installation procedure.
The "INSTALL" file is not useful.

Overall, I'm kind of uncertain exactly what this tarball contains.  It
looks like a "built" copy of the source code, but most of the source
code is missing.  It's not an installer (.mpkg) nor does it
(apparently) contain any install scripts.

Could you perhaps update this webpage with an example of the shell
commands you might use to get it installed to the point where typing
"ghc Foo.hs" works?

  http://www.haskell.org/ghc/download_ghc_66.html#macosxintel

Thanks,

  - a

--
PGP/GPG: 5C9F F366 C9CF 2145 E770  B1B8 EFB1 462D A146 C380