6.4.3 and threaded RTS problems

Simon Marlow simonmarhaskell at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 10:12:03 EDT 2006

Could someone on MacOS X try the 6.4.x branch again?  I just committed a fix
that makes the threaded RTS more stable on Solaris, and I'm hoping it clears up
the problems on MacOS X too.  Remember to re-enable -threaded in
ghc/compiler/Makefile if you previously disabled it.

If this does indeed fix things, then I think we'll probably tag this branch as
6.4.3, but I doubt we'll actually do a full release of 6.4.3 at this stage since
6.6 should be stable enough for most people.