ghc-6.6 mac intel "binary bundle"

Rodney D Price rodprice at raytheon.com
Mon Oct 16 12:16:15 EDT 2006

Here's what worked for me:

bunzip2 ghc-6.6-i386-apple-darwin.tar.bz2
tar -xvf ghc-6.6-i386-apple-darwin.tar
cd ghc-6.6
./configure
sudo make show-install-setup
sudo make install
ghc --version
The Glorious Glasgow Haskell Compilation System, version 6.6

I'm on a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.4.8.  The "make show-
install-setup" step doesn't do anything but show you where the
files will go when you do "make install," but "make install" worked
fine on my machine.

-Rod