foldl laziness support. Reply

roconnor at theorem.ca roconnor at theorem.ca
Tue Oct 17 09:37:27 EDT 2006

Although this doesn't answer your question, I think it is releated.  When
implementing SHA, I need to create a recursive function to append the
length of a string to the string.  This function needed to be strict,
because it needed to accumulted the length of the string, and it needed to
be lazy, because it needed to re-emmit the characters that it consumed.

I have a short discussion about this at
<http://r6.livejournal.com/91508.html>.