binary distribution of ghc-6.5.20060831 for i686-apple-darwin

Hiroaki Nakamura hnakamur at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 13:44:37 EDT 2006

Hello!
I am a newbie to Haskell, and this is my first time to post here.

Well, I successfully built a binary distribution of ghc-6.5.20060831
for i686-apple-darwin. So I would like to contribute this, but is there
a place to upload this binary distribution?

What I did is:

First I built ghc-6.5.20060828 using binary distribition
http://pugs.blogs.com/dist/ghc-6.5.20060608.tar.bz2
contributed by AudreyTang.

Thanks to useful information on http://cvs.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/X86OSXGhc
I followed the instruction about unpull and pull the "Fix Array imports" patch.

Then I built ghc-6.5.20060831 using ghc-6.5.20060828 and it seems ok.
But I am not sure because I am just a newbie to Haskell.

I think it is useful to have a binary distribution on the GHC home page
so that other newbie Intel Mac users can test this release candidate easily
without compiling themselves.

Thanks in advance.

)Hiroaki Nakamura) hnakamur at gmail.com