Help with unregisterised build

Peter Tanski p.tanski at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 11:28:35 EDT 2006

Hello Jeremy,

I don't know if anyone has gotten back to you on this yet.  I have
not myself done an unregisterised build of GHC before, but I thought
you should at least hear something.  The people who know about this
all seem to be at the ICFP programme that has been going on since
Thursday; they should be back next week.  In the meantime, some work
has been done recently on the way GHC puts out assembler--not quite
the same problem as a multiply-defined-symbol error--but you might
consider grabbing darcs and trying to build from the HEAD branch.
See <http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Building/
GettingTheSources>.

-Pete