FW: [GHC] #916: windows installer should play nice with other Haskell tools

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 13:01:23 EDT 2006

Hi

> That seems like a decent compromise from here.  Since I personally set
> my edit command to use Emacs (via gnuclientw), I assume installers
> will ask before clobbering it?

"If prior to installing the compiler there is a default document
handler for .hs/.lhs files, which is not one of the compilers
adhereing to this standard, then that will be used." - if the user has
explicitly set an Open/Edit command then the Haskell program won't
even offer to clobber it, since the user has already gone to the
trouble of registering .hs files.

Thanks

Neil