Failed to load interface for `Prelude'

Thorkil Naur naur at post11.tele.dk
Sat Apr 7 06:27:47 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'm afraid that this is outside my direct experience. However, looking at

  http://lists.apple.com/archives/xcode-users/2006/Oct/msg00578.html

that google was kind enough to find for me, some assembler code generation
error seems indicated. I can see that you use -O2, but not whether -fasm or
-fvia-C (if any) is used. As I recall, the default selection between -fasm
and -fvia-C at some point depended on the -O level, but also has changed
recently. I would therefore suggest that you experiment with -O2 versus -O0
and -fasm versus -fvia-C to see if some combination will not carry you
through. Also:

1. It would probably be useful to give us the exact version of ghc that you
are using and also the version you are building. (Sorry if you reported it
and I missed it, but I cannot find it right now.)

2. The report that you give contains what seems to be fragments of command
lines. It would be useful to have the complete command lines.

3. In #1195, igloo reports that he has included some code to provide
additional information in case of ignored errors (which seems involved here).
Some additional context that surrounds the first error report would therefore
also be useful, I guess.

Best regards
Thorkil