HUnit 1.2.0.0 on 6.8.1 vs 1.1.1 on 6.6.1

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Fri Dec 7 17:48:26 EST 2007

Hi Greg,

On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 02:04:24PM -0800, Greg Fitzgerald wrote:
> >> *** Exception: (unknown)
>
> On Dec 3, 2007 7:23 AM, Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li> wrote:
> > This is caused by a change in the HUnit library, from
> >    assertFailure msg = ioError (userError (hunitPrefix ++ msg))
> >    assertFailure msg = E.throwDyn (HUnitFailure msg)
> >
> > We don't really have a good answer for where non-bootlib library bugs
> > should go at the moment. I don't know if Dean uses the sourceforge bug
> > tracker or not.
>
> Could this change be reverted for 6.8.2?  HUnit is mostly useless in its
> current state.

HUnit is not part of GHC, and can be installed and upgraded separately.

For convenience, some binary distributions, installers and the extralibs
tarball do include it. They just use the latest version in the darcs
repositories at the time that they are built, so if it is fixed in the
HUnit repo before 6.8.2 is built then the fix will be in the bindists
etc.

The HUnit cabal file lists Dean Herington as the author, but without
giving an e-mail address for him.

Thanks
Ian