ANNOUNCE: GHC version 6.8.2

Juanma Barranquero lekktu at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 19:19:50 EST 2007

On Dec 14, 2007 11:46 PM, Duncan Coutts <duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> I can just imagine the bug report and eventually figuring out that some
> application the user had installed had set $HOME and this was messing up
> finding files.

There are not many (there is any, other than perhaps Cygwin?) which
set %HOME on Windows. There are many (unix ports) who can *use* HOME
if you defined it.

> On the other hand, for a cygwin build there's a very reasonable argument
> for using $HOME since that's what is native for the
> environment/platform. I suspect what Juanma would really like is a
> cygwin build.

You suspect wrong. I wouldn't install Cygwin in my computer under any
circumstance (I did, in the past, and came to hate it quite quickly).
If I need GNU tools I install MSYS/MinGW, or GnuWin32.

What I would really like is exactly what I've asked for.

             Juanma