ANNOUNCE: GHC version 6.8.2

Isaac Dupree isaacdupree at charter.net
Sun Dec 16 14:36:55 EST 2007

Felix Martini wrote:
> On Dec 16, 2007 3:38 PM, Yitzchak Gale wrote:
>> No, the two are not the same. It is the User Profile folder.
>> It is not a Unix-style home directory - there is no such concept
>> on Windows. The two are used very differently.
>
> I guess we disagree about that. I believe what Micosoft calls the user
> profile folder is equivalent to what is called the user home folder in
> Unix. This is especially obvious in Vista, most folder names are the
> same as in OSX, e.g. C:\Users\Felix\Music and /Users/Felix/Music.

FWIW, here on Linux I didn't like all my automatically
generated-in-$HOME stuff being spewed all over my own organization, so

]echo $HOME
/Users/me/HOME
(I'm in GoboLinux which uses "/Users" rather than "/home", which isn't
important to this)

and my .zshrc has
cd; cd ..
(a.k.a. cd /Users/me)
to take me to my personal home directory in the non-Unix sense.  It's a
bit of a nuisance sometimes, but worth it for me; the worst that happens
is sometimes I have to go up a level first in file-chooser dialogs or
"~/../" paths.

Isaac