ANNOUNCE: GHC version 6.8.2

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Mon Dec 17 05:24:31 EST 2007

Simon Marlow wrote:
> Only GHCi has changed here.  Perhaps you're under the impression that we
> recently changed the behaviour of getHomeDirectory?  In fact, it was
> introduced in GHC 6.4 and has always had the same behaviour, calling
> SHGetFolderPath on Windows.

Thanks, Simon. Yes, I was originally under that
mistaken impression, but Duncan set me straight.
I am glad that %HOMEPATH% is not being used,
though ShGetFolderPath sometimes gives the
wrong answer on Vista.

So having a customizable notion of home directory
on Windows would be a new feature for getHomeDirectory.
For GHCi it would be rescuing a recently removed one.

-Yitz