ghc 6.6 for mac os x (intel)

Thorkil Naur naur at post11.tele.dk
Tue Feb 6 12:15:18 EST 2007

Hello,

On Tuesday 06 February 2007 16:15, Ariel Apostoli wrote:
> but when I try installing ghc from that page it seems to install fine
> but when I invoke /usr/local/bin/ghc i get:
>
> dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libreadline.5.1.dylib
>   Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/ghc-6.6/ghc-6.6
>   Reason: image not found
> Trace/BPT trap

On my Mac OS X 10.4, I get the same reaction when the readline that I
installed from darwin ports is deactivated. So perhaps readline isn't
installed? Or is deactivated? In that case, the suggested cure is

  sudo port install readline

(The readline that comes with Mac OS X 10.4 is no good, as noted by several.)

Best regards Thorkil