GHC on Cray XMT?

Chad Scherrer chad.scherrer at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 16:33:24 EST 2007

The new Cray XMT seems to target exactly the same kind of analytic
problems where Haskell excels:

http://www.cray.com/products/xmt/

I'm not a hardware guy, but this seems like a natural fit with the
recent advances in SMP Haskell. I know some compiler experts, but none
of them have experience with Haskell.

Can anyone tell me how big an undertaking it would this be to get GHC
going on one of these? It seems to me like the fact that the absence
of cache on XMT processors should simplify things, since there are
less issues reasoning about locality.

Thanks!

Chad Scherrer

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana" -- Groucho Marx