IOExts problem

jim burton jim at sdf-eu.org
Thu Jan 4 07:26:59 EST 2007

IOExts seems to be unavailable on my system, whereas I'm guessing it should
be since the file /usr/lib/ghc-6.4.1/hslibs-imports/lang/IOExts.hi
exists...(wrong guess?) Within ghci I get

Prelude> :m IOExts
Could not find module `IOExts':
  it is not a module in the current program, or in any known package.
Prelude>

I am trying to build the latest version of haskore with ghc 6.4.1 and have
edited the Makefile to put in references to the location of IOExts.hi:

HC_OPTS = -cpp -i/usr/lib/ghc-6.4.1/hslibs-imports/lang/IOExts.hi

IOExtensions.o : /usr/lib/ghc-6.4.1/hslibs-imports/lang/IOExts.hi

Now make gives the error:

jim at unicorn:~/haskore/Src$ make
ghc -c IOExtensions.hs -cpp
-i/usr/lib/ghc-6.4.1/hslibs-imports/lang/IOExts.hi

IOExtensions.hs:20:0:
    Failed to load interface for `IOExts':
        Could not find module `IOExts': use -v to see a list of the files
searched for
make: *** [IOExtensions.o] Error 1

Is IOExts installed as standard with GHC or do I have to tell it the path to
the hi file somehow?