Annotation for unfolding wanted

Georg Martius georg.martius at web.de
Tue Jul 31 09:52:53 EDT 2007

Hi Simon,

thanks for the answer! I see why inlining is not a good idea, but why is it
not unfolded. I mean we don't need any true recursion if the function is
tail-recursive or am I mistaken?
However my point was more on a semantic point of view: If I write a function
in a recursive way, but actually do nothing else than a loop, I would like
a) that the compiler unrolls it to a loop and
b) that I can specify such a requirement, while violating it emits an error.

I believe it would help to write the intended code straight away, especially
for less advanced Haskell programmers, which don't know about the
optimization details of the compiler.

Cheers,
	Georg