cyclic import bug in 6.6.1

Serge D. Mechveliani mechvel at botik.ru
Mon Jun 18 08:18:24 EDT 2007

Dear GHC developers,

I an half-stuck now due to the  ghc-6.6.1  bug of  `undefined reference'
at the stage of linking the executable.

I am almost sure that this is due to cyclic import.
There already was cyclic import, and the whole program worked correct.
Now, I have split one large module into two modules, and there appeared
more cyclic imports. Now, it `makes' the package and does `install', but
cannot link the executable for `main'.

There are about 30 modules in the project, and 4-5 of them form a
cycle by import.

Please, whom I need to send the source archive to ?

I can reduce this bug report project many times,
but I suspect that in this particular case you can easily spot the place
in the project as it is.
Can you ?

Regards,

Serge Mechveliani