GHC 6.6.1 Windows installer, test version

shelarcy shelarcy at gmail.com
Thu May 10 09:50:05 EDT 2007

On Thu, 10 May 2007 18:11:52 +0900, Simon Marlow <simonmarhaskell at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> So to summarise, the following are missing from the binary distribution that
>>> Neil used as the basis for his installer:
>>>
>>>   (snip)
>>>
>>> right?
>>
>> Yes. And Sigbjorn's one provides these packages.
>
> Ok, but I don't know how to build these libraries.  You mentioned copying the
> files from the old GHC distribution, but that sounds exceedingly dodgy, since
> they're from a different version of mingw.  And I can't find these libraries to
> download on the mingw site.  Any ideas?

* ALUT and OpenAL

We can download freeALUT and OpenAL SDK (and runtime) from OpenAL site's link.

http://www.openal.org/downloads.html

MinGW supports to link .dll files (yes, we know that) and .lib files
directory now.
So I belive that we can use these library.

http://www.mingw.org/MinGWiki/index.php/FAQ

* GLUT

MinGW has GLUT library files, but ... distributor forgot to include GLUT
header. So this problem is solved by just copying glut.h file.

Now we can use newer extention of GLUT - freeGLUT.

http://freeglut.sourceforge.net/
http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/hopengl/2006-December/000679.html

But MinGW continues to use old one now.

http://www.mingw.org/MinGWiki/index.php/Glut

* readline

I don't know about readline library.
When I use newer version form WebSite (I forgot where that is), but I
can't build readline package by it.

I think Sigbjorn can answer that.

Best Reards,

--