Mac GHC binary

Christian Maeder Christian.Maeder at dfki.de
Thu Sep 6 05:13:10 EDT 2007

Hi Jeff,

I think, there's only a problem when the GNUreadline framework is only
in your home directory and when you want to link your own binary.

Correct me if you also have a problem if the framework is globally
installed in /Library/Frameworks.

Indeed a framework entry is missing in the package.conf. But I doubt if
a generic entry using $HOME would work. So this entry could only be set
at installation time for a single user (and I don't know how).

In fact, for linking we use the additional ghc flags:

 -optl-F$HOME/Library/Frameworks -optl-framework -optlGNUreadline

These flags could be put in top-level script for ghc (in bindir).

Does anyone have a better idea?

Cheers Christian

P.S, I hope it's ok for you, if I forward this to
glasgow-haskell-users at haskell.org, too