ANNOUNCE: GHC 6.8.1 Release Candidate

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Wed Sep 12 20:07:18 EDT 2007

We are pleased to announce the Release Candidate phase for GHC 6.8.1.

    Snapshots beginning with 6.8.20070909 are release candidates for 6.8.1

You can download snapshots from here:

    http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/stable/dist/

Right now we have the source bundles:

http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/stable/dist/ghc-6.8.20070912-src.tar.bz2
http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/stable/dist/ghc-6.8.20070912-src-extralibs.tar.bz2

Only the first of these is necessary. The "extralibs" package contains
various extra packages that we normally supply with GHC - unpack the
extralibs tarball on top of the source tree to add them, and they will
be included in the build automatically.

There is also currently an installer for i386/Windows and binary
distributions for x86_64/Linux and i386/Linux. More may appear later.

Please test as much as possible; bugs are much cheaper if we find them
before the release!

We hope to release in a couple of weeks, but of course that may slip if
problems are uncovered.

Thanks
Ian, on behalf of the GHC team