6.8.1-toTest

Serge D. Mechveliani mechvel at botik.ru
Sat Sep 29 05:53:48 EDT 2007

Dear GHC developers,

in old days I was able to download GHC from CVS.
Now, it changed to  darcs.  I have read how to download via darcs
and tried to download  ghc-6.8-head.
It responded with a hard to undertsand message and was hanging.
I pressed Control-c.
Immediately after this, there started to come e-mail messages about
"returned mail", from various strange addresses. They were about 200
first day, 80 second day, 30 third, and then, they stopped, by and by,
to my pleasure. This was the first case in my life of such a massive
attack.

I fear of this  darcs.
Maybe, you can put the source, for example,
ghc-6.8.1-toTest-September-29.src....,
and announce in this list where to download it from
?

I care for this because my programs DoCon and Dumatel run (mainly)
under GHC, and it is a good idea for them to comply with each new
public GHC version, so, it is better to test a pre-release of GHC.

Regards,

Serge Mechveliani
mechvel at botik.ru