Any release date for GHC 6.8.3 for Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) on PowerPC G4 machines?

Christian Maeder Christian.Maeder at dfki.de
Tue Aug 5 03:11:25 EDT 2008

I've rebuild the binary without statically linked gmp.

http://www.dfki.de/sks/hets/mac/ghcs/ghc-6.8.3-powerpc-apple-darwin.tar.bz2

So in addition to readline (and ncurses) you need gmp from MacPorts.
(Otherwise even installation will fail, because pwd needs gmp.)

If you want ghc to produce static binaries then move the static library
libgmp.a into your installed ghc's libdir.

Cheers Christian

Christian Maeder wrote:
> Benjamin L.Russell wrote:
>> Is there any scheduled release date for GHC 6.8.3 for Mac OS X 10.5
>> (Leopard) on PowerPC G4 machines?
>
> No, but I could rebuild ghc-6.8.3 on Tiger (G5) so that it also runs on
> a G4. (The G5 dependency of
> http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/6.8.3/maeder/ghc-6.8.3-powerpc-apple-darwin.tar.bz2
>
> was an accident, that happened by wrongly building libgmp, too.)

[...]