Version control systems

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Sun Aug 10 08:05:34 EDT 2008

On Sat, Aug 09, 2008 at 09:30:52PM +0100, Malcolm Wallace wrote:

> The libraries question is a difficult one.  We have made a lot of
> effort over the last 5 years to build infrastructure and code that is
> shared and portable across multiple implementations of the language.
> Is this the time to fork those supposedly "common" core libraries into
> ghc versions vs the rest?

I think the non-GHC implementations have been struggling for development
time as it is. As you say, we've been trying to increase the amount of
shared code, to reduce the burden on them. I think forking the bootlibs
would represent a huge step the other way, and, as you said later in
your e-mail, may be what finally kills them off.

Thanks
Ian