Version control systems

Gregory Wright gwright at comcast.net
Fri Aug 15 02:48:17 EDT 2008

Hi Manuel,

On Aug 14, 2008, at 9:12 PM, Manuel M T Chakravarty wrote:

> Moreover, as I wrote a few times before, some reasons for switching
> in the first place are invalidated by not having the core libraries
> in git, too.  For example, one complaint about darcs is that it
> either doesn't build (on the Sun Solaris T1 and T2 machines) or is
> buggy (on Mac OS with MacPorts), and hence people have trouble
> getting the sources out of darcs in the first place.  How is that
> going to be addressed if some crucial code still needs to be
> obtained using darcs?

Regarding darcs on OS X from MacPorts, I am not aware (or have been
sent any bug reports) that there
are problems with the latest darcs-2.0.0 port.  Is there something
that I should know (and try to fix)?

The latest port defaults to wget instead of libcurl since I have
noticed darcs spinning endlessly when
using libcurl.  I haven't had time to dtrace what is going on but I'm
guessing the underlying problem is likely
some misunderstanding of the signal handling API or some corner case
of blocking/nonblocking IO.

-Greg