Version control systems

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Sat Aug 16 08:01:15 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-08-15 at 15:12 +0100, Ian Lynagh wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 11:12:20AM +1000, Manuel M T Chakravarty wrote:
> >
> > Moreover, as I wrote a few times before, some reasons for switching in
> > the first place are invalidated by not having the core libraries in
> > git, too.  For example, one complaint about darcs is that it either
> > doesn't build (on the Sun Solaris T1 and T2 machines)
>
> I don't remember seeing this mentioned before, and googling for
>     "Solaris T1" darcs
> doesn't find anything.

That's probably because there entire world are probably only two T1/T2
machines that people are using to run ghc. :-)

One of them is at UNSW and the other was recently donated by Sun to the
community and is just about to go online at Chalmers.

>  What goes wrong? I'd expect darcs to build anywhere GHC does.

So would I usually, though I've had to turn down cc flags to get darcs
to build on ia64 before (SHA1.hs generates enormous register pressure).

Duncan