IMCROSS and ghc

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Thu Dec 11 05:35:43 EST 2008

> basically, IMCROSS installs a couple new gccs with names like
> /usr/local/bin/i386-mingw-gcc and so forth, is there some way to get
> ghc to use said non-native compiler as its back end?

I don't know about IMCROSS specifically, but earlier this year Sylvain
Nahas adapted the build system of nhc98 to allow it to become a
cross-compiler.  At configure time, you simply give some additional
arguments to point to the C cross-compilation toolchain, e.g.

    ./configure --target=i386-mingw
                --hostcc=i386-mingw-gcc
                --hoststrip=...
                --endian=-DLOW_BYTE_FIRST