unique identifiers as a separate library

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 18:35:50 EST 2008

Hi,
Thanks for the feedback!  I have uploaded a new version of value
supply with the following changes that should improve performance.
  - It uses unsafeDupableInterleaveIO to avoid double locking,
  - Do not create an intermediate list for Enum and Num supples
  - Specialize code for Int, as this is the most commonly used type
for new name generation.

These together should make things much faster but I have not had a
chance to test that.  I looked at the core and it seemed that the
specializations were kicking in, so hopefully all is OK :)
It would be great if you could let me know if things are still slower
than the GHC version, and if so by how much.
Also, I made a git-hub repo for the code, in case anyone is interested
in contributing:
http://github.com/yav/value-supply/tree/master
-Iavor