ghc -O2 and class dictionaries

Dave Bayer bayer at cpw.math.columbia.edu
Mon Dec 29 17:45:06 EST 2008

Yeah, I knew it was fairly unlikely that I was the first to think of
this optimization ;-)

I just reported the "run-time performance bug" as http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/2902

I am using an Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook and GHC 6.10.1, OS X 10.5.6.
For the toy example that I submitted, the difference is over a factor
of 3x.

Thanks,
Dave