Is GHC 6.8.2 on solaris 32 bits or 64 bits

Simon Marlow simonmarhaskell at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 04:49:28 EST 2008

hsing-chou chen wrote:
> Thank you for porting GHC 6.8.2 to solaris, I am assigned a
>
> job to make sure GHC run 64 bits on solaris. Is your
>
> solaris port 64 bits. Or it only 32 BITS. I know 32 bits
>
> GHC can still run on 64 bits solaris. However company want
>
> to run really 64 bits GHC on solaris. Thanks a lot if you

You want to look at the porting instructions:

http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Building/Porting

Start from GHC 6.6.1 (6.8.2 doesn't bootstrap from .hc files yet).

This won't be easy, you'll need to know details of the processor
architecture, and be prepared to learn about GHC internals.  But it'll be
fun, if you like that sort of thing :)