ANN: Mac installer pkg for GHC - 6.8.2.20080211 trial release (Leopard, Intel)

Tim Chevalier catamorphism at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 12:17:01 EST 2008

On 2/12/08, Yitzchak Gale <gale at sefer.org> wrote:
> Manuel M T Chakravarty wrote:
> >> I'd also be nice to have a cool logo/icon.
>
> Don Stewart wrote:
> > Someone want to clean up the "classic" GHC logo?
> >     http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~dons/images/happy-dino.jpg
> > :)
>
> The Clyde Arc in Glasgow, combined somehow with a lambda,
> could be the basis of a striking logo.

A logo involving some stylized version of the Clyde Arc drawn so that
it looks like it's bridging between a lambda and a CPU, or something
like that (shades of this cartoon by Phil Wadler:
http://cs.wellesley.edu/~cs301/fall03/lambda-and-chip.gif) could be
cool.

I am a mediocre artist, but I'd be willing to give it a try if there
are no better ones around.

> Unfortunately, that bridge is suffering from some serious
> structural and safety issues these days, so perhaps
> that is ill-advised...

It seems perfectly appropriate to me. *ducks and runs*

Also, this from Manuel's original message is just beautiful:
> Installation instructions: nil

I'm almost tempted to switch back to a Mac.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Tim Chevalier * http://cs.pdx.edu/~tjc * Often in error, never in doubt
"I like my terminals like my women: VT100 compatible with Tektronix