Tiger installer [was: Re: ANN: Mac installer pkg for GHC - 6.8.2.20080211 trial release (Leopard, Intel)]

Manuel M T Chakravarty chak at cse.unsw.edu.au
Thu Feb 14 18:24:23 EST 2008

Yitzchak Gale:
> Manuel M T Chakravarty wrote:
>> http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~chak/HelloWorld.tar.bz2
>> It contains HelloWorld-Leopard and HelloWorld-Tiger.  Please try to
>> run them both.  I believe HelloWorld-Leopard will also give you a bus
>> error, but I hope HelloWorld-Tiger will work.
>
> $ ./HelloWorld-Tiger
> Hello World!
> $ ./HelloWorld-Leopard
> Bus error

Great.  Then, I think I know what to do.  I'll add a new option to
configure to specify what Apple calls the "deployment target" of a GHC
build.  By using 10.4 as the deployment target we can then build GHC
distributions in any form (installer, binary dist, or local installs)
for 10.4 on a 10.5 box.  However, some extra fiddling will be required
to make sure utilities, such as ghc-pkg, are also properly cross-
compiled.

I'll let you know when I have got a new GHC installer using this
approach.

Manuel