wish for more-usable bindist

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Mon Jan 7 14:59:24 EST 2008

On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 11:38:21AM +0100, Christian Maeder wrote:
> Simon Marlow wrote:
> > The i386 machine I use here for building the bindists is running a
> > rather old version of RedHat.  I do intend to upgrade it at some point,
> > but it's entirely possible for someone else to build a bindist too.
>
> I wonder why (all) the (various) buildbots do not produce (tested) bindists.

Two problems I can think of:

It would increase the disk usage: You need another copy of everything
that gets installed, plus the tarball of it.

We would need a way to publish the bindists that get produced. Currently
it's done by a few machines at MSR having passwordless access to
www.haskell.org.

Thanks
Ian