darcs patch: [PROOF OF CONCEPT] build readline package with libedit

Judah Jacobson judah.jacobson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 16:23:18 EST 2008

On Jan 8, 2008 11:21 AM, Christian Maeder <Christian.Maeder at dfki.de> wrote:
> Could you try to install
> http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/Shellac-0.9.1
> and
> http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/Shellac-readline-0.9
>
> If that works, I'll be content with libedit as well.
>
> Christian

They don't work with the patch I sent before, but after adding back a
few more functions supported by libedit, I was able to install both
packages and successfully run a quick test of shellac-readline in
ghci.  (Although eventually, someone more familiar with that package
may want to run more thorough tests.)

I'll work on making a new patch which adds back all of the
functionality that libedit supports (including what's needed for
shellac-readline).

-Judah