bindist for Intel MacOS X 10.4 (Tiger) with static libs

Thorkil Naur naur at post11.tele.dk
Thu Jan 10 03:24:16 EST 2008

Hello,

On Tuesday 08 January 2008 15:07, Christian Maeder wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've succeeded in building a binary distribution that uses static
> libraries for gmp and readline. libreadline.a, libncurses.a and libgmp.a
> with corresponding header files are included. (For license issues ask
> someone else.)

On http://gmplib.org/ we find:

"GMP is distributed under the GNU LGPL. This license makes the library free to
use, share, and improve, and allows you to pass on the result. The license
gives freedoms, but also sets firm restrictions on the use with non-free
programs."

I have not attempted to check whether your distribution fulfills the
requirements of the LGPL.

Further, on http://cnswww.cns.cwru.edu/php/chet/readline/rltop.html:

"Readline is free software, distributed under the terms of the GNU General
Public License, version 2. This means that if you want to use Readline in a
program that you release or distribute to anyone, the program must be free
software and have a GPL-compatible license."

For your distribution to adhere to this, it appears to require GHC to have a
GPL-compatible license. I don't believe it does.

Best regards
Thorkil