Network.CGI changes

Björn Bringert bringert at cs.chalmers.se
Tue Jan 22 11:31:01 EST 2008

Hi Frederik,

(I'm CC:ing the libraries list, so that anyone who wants to have
Network.CGI.Compat back in the cgi package can shout.)

That exact module actually used to exist in the cgi package as well (it
implemented the complete API of the old Network.CGI), but after a few
releases I removed it since it didn't seem to have any users. That was
quite a long time ago, and you are the first person to complain.

The purpose of cgi-compat is actually not to provide Network.CGI.Compat,
but rather to be installable on older GHC versions, hence the main
module name Network.NewCGI.

I'm not sure if there is sufficient demand for adding Network.CGI.Compat
back into the cgi package. The old Network.CGI seemed to have very few
users, due to to it's restrictions. You can always get
Network.CGI.Compat from here, and include it in your program:
http://www.cs.chalmers.se/~bringert/darcs/cgi-compat/Network/CGI/Compat.hs

/Björn