GHC on Solaris Nevada

Felix Martini fmartini at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 17:26:06 EST 2008

Hello all,

I am trying to get a working GHC on Solaris Nevada (Solaris 11). I've
tried the binary versions for Solaris 10 made by Christian Maeder. I
couldn't get GHC 6.8.2 to install properly and GHC 6.6 does not work
(it crashes the moment it needs to link to a library). After that i
tried to make an unregistered bootstrap of GHC 6.6 using Linux as the
host OS. The bootstrapping failed on Solaris when making genapply or
cabal-setup. The linker reports symbol referencing errors. Has someone
already successfully build GHC on Solaris 11?

Regards,
Felix