Bug in type equality constraints?

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Wed Jul 16 15:51:57 EDT 2008

Conal

That looks like a bug, at least on the surface.  You've clearly said that the instance for InnerSpace (u,v) can assume (Scalar u ~ Scalar v).

Can you spare a moment submit a Trac report, with a reproducible test case (as small as possible, please!)?

Manuel is actively working on associated types etc at the moment.  Our goal is a pretty-much-fully-working implementation for release in 6.10 just before ICFP.

thanks

Simon