*BSD support in 6.8.3

Gregory Wright gwright at comcast.net
Sun Jun 1 22:08:03 EDT 2008

Hi,
> On May 29, 2008, at 11:19 AM, Simon Marlow wrote:
>
>> Ok, I've now modified the patch and attached a new version to the
>> ticket:
>>
>> http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/attachment/ticket/2013/2013.patch
>>
>> *BSD folks please test.
>>

> I built the 20080529 snapshot with this patch and my light testing
> of ghci
> showed no problems (FreeBSD 7.0/x86_64).
>
> I will built it again tonight in a darcs checkout and run the test
> suite.  I should
> be able to send back any tweaks to the patch in the next two days.
>
> -Greg

I've built ghc 6.8.x from the darcs repository (checked out on 30 May)
with the
2013.patch on FreeBSD 7.0/x86_64.  As far as ghci is concerned, it seems
to work and passes almost all of the tests.  However, there are many
unexpected
failures in the testsuite, almost all apparently coming from failures
to find mkstemp, mknod
and S_IFDIR in header files.  Either some conditional includes are
broken in ghc or FreeBSD 7.0 moved some things.  I'll have a look
tomorrow.

-Greg